Thread: I've inharited a columbian

Default I've inharited a columbian

I never even herd of a tegu until my really good friend got Pugsley. My friend passed away in September and nobody wanted her so I brought her home. I am wanting to build her a nice enclosure. I have no idea how old she is but she is about 12inches long nose to tail. I would love it if someone could give me some good ideas. Another thing is that Pugsley is not aggressive but she likes to run from me and I am just wondering what I can do to try to tame her down. this is Pugsley pugs 024.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by pugsley15 View Post
    I never even herd of a tegu until my really good friend got Pugsley. My friend passed away in September and nobody wanted her so I brought her home. I am wanting to build her a nice enclosure. I have no idea how old she is but she is about 12inches long nose to tail. I would love it if someone could give me some good ideas. Another thing is that Pugsley is not aggressive but she likes to run from me and I am just wondering what I can do to try to tame her down. this is Pugsley pugs 024.JPG
    Im sorry for your loss :( just like with any animal you just need to spend a lot of time with her. Lay in the tub or in the bathroom where it's a small confined space so she can't run from you and have to be near you, that will be a good start. Try to spend at least an hour a day with her

thanks I will try that

hi ! I just got a Columbian too, also my first. what are you feeding yours?

I feed pugsley crickets covered well with calcium, ground turkey with calcium mixed in, and scrambled eggs.