Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Django

Default Django

Hello everyone.My name is Django and i just wanted to give you an update on how the training is going with my new daddy Ira.When i first got here, i was really scared!! Everything was BIG, so i kept hiding.then i had an epiphany! I was comfortable, i was warm and i was eating pretty goodhttp://www.thetegu.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif. so i made him chase me around a little bit ( i'm really not trying to get away,just don't want to make it tooo easy for him. so he takes me into this nice warm room and put me in heaven. a nice warm bath.. then i remembered all the other times he brought me in here there were some new smells to check out...ummm food !!.... that was good i think i will climb up on my new daddy and take a nap.
    P.S. thank all you other giants for showing him how to take care of me..I think i'll keep him
    DjangoIMG091.jpgIMG083.jpgIMG090.jpgIMG088.jpg

Welcome
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

He looks great. Cute story . I'm glad we could help. Thank you for sharing the photos and the update.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

IMG103.jpgWell.Django has finally lost it!! he wanted out for the first time today without me coaxing him.when i put my hand in and he started climbing out, i went to pet him, and, he swole up like he thought he was Godzilla or something!! i removed my hand from under him, continued petting him till he calmed down,then i locked the door and sat beside the enclosure. He started throwing mulch around,jumping at his light, standing up on his hind legs, trying to climb the back wall!!i never thought i would see a lizard throw a temper tantrum, but i did today.Now my thought on the matter is "he should not be allowed to touch me if i cannot touch him".Before , it was me initiating the contact, but now he knows i am his way out, and he is coming to me!!ALL suggestions,comments welcome.I think we might be getting across the hump
    Last edited by iraw50; 12-16-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: add pictures

This is normal. I'm surprised he didn't do this sooner. There a few reasons why they do this. Some of them are: he is hungry, he has to poop or he just wants to free roam around. You still can get him out when he is acting like this. It's like a dog going to the door and whining to let you know he needs to go outside. What I do when our Tegus do this is I put them into the bathtub and rinse them off or give them a bath. This will help them poop. Then I feed them, then free roam around. In case Django wants to free roam around and you give him a bath first you don't have to worry about him pooping in the house .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

hey people, i have a little guy who i don't know if he has a steroid stash in his enclosure or what i measured him this evening and he is 28 inches long.he won't be 3 mos old untill dec 23rd! is this a normal spurt or does he have a "stash"IMG106.jpgIMG107.jpg

Lol. Sounds like he is growing well . What are you feeding him and how often. He looks great. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but the tail does look very long.

Our videos :

Yeah,he has a great tail, very long. His current diet is ; in the morning, i leave him a snack(i fuzzy, some boiled egg, and some apple). when i get home from work he gets ground turkey mixed w calcium.raw venison.when i first got him, he would eat some fruit. now he won.t touch it.guy is smart.if i hide it in his food,as soon as he tastes it .it flies across the enclosure..lol.he was trying to train me and almost won!!lol.but i think he is starting to like this buddy thing.even though i let him free roam at times.i still spend about an hour and a half in the bathroom.today he didn't want to wander when he first got out. justclimbed me like a tree and curled around my neck and just chilled for a while.Great day for both of us

Awesome . I'm glad to hear that he likes to hang out with you like this. Have you ever tried putting some fruits or veggies into a blender and then put it into a syringe ( with no needle on it ). Then squeeze the food into a frozen/thawed rodents. This way he can't smell or taste it .

Our videos :

Hello everyone from Ira and Django, we haven't been on here for a while because we have been busy getting to know one another! He doesn't mind wearing his harness, as long as he gets to go outside. I am amazed every single day at how intelligent this guy is!! He will walk up to a problem (for him) and will completely analyze it before dealing with it.ie; tongue flicking walking around an object, testing his strength at various parts of an obstacle, and then succeed. I have to watch him constantly when he is awake, he is not afraid of heights if he climbs up there himself. but, he doesn't like it if i lift him to high.lol
    his new home is 8 x 4x 3 half mulch under his uv and the other half will be sod with a waterfall on that side of the enclosure under day light lighting.HE HAS HIS OWN BEDROOM!!! I know yall told me he would grow quickly, but this guy is 44 in. long tip of nose to tip of tail and he just turned eight months old. when i get home from work, i open the door to his bedroom and here he comes out to wander. he is big enough now where i don't have to worry about losing him.Thanks again guys for helping me to form a great friendship,and learning experience that goes on every day.Django is great and we are going to be BFFIMG195.jpgIMG196.jpgIMG198.jpgIMG197.jpgIMG194.jpg