Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tegus!!!!!

Default New tegus!!!!!

So I went on what was supposed to be an 8 hour road trip (4 hours each way) to go look at a red female and huge enclosure Saturday night. Well with Arizona not recognizing daylight savings time, I got to Riverside CA. an hour early. So....since I needed to kill some time I looked to see if anybody else had tegus for sale in the area on Craigslist. I found a guy that had a large male, he was only 20 minutes away. I get to his house end up buying the male for $150 then he says if your interested I have two large red females too....I said oh....I'm actually in town tonight to look at a red female. So he shows me two beautiful adult reds, one he wants more then I'm willing to pay because she has a lot of white in her coloring, but the other one, the sister I picked up for $200. So now I'm off to see the female in came all this way to get in the first place. She turns out to be an amazing colored adult red tegu and is perfect. So I picked her up and a huge enclosure for only $250. My 8 hour road trip turned out to be more like 12 hours by the time I got back home, but now I have some incredible looking red tegus!!!!! I will probably end up selling the male and the enclosure, I went we'll over my monthly lizard budget!
    It's all fun and games until you lose your right to vote and bare arms!!!!

Congrats on the new additions and great deals! Look forward to seeing some pics.
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko
    3.2 Argentine Black and White Tegu

I added a new album to my profile. It shows the newbes and the enclosure. I need to figure out how to upload pics to a post.

Pics or ban

Lol. What a fun trip ( if it wouldn't of been so long ). I'm glad to hear that you made it back home safe. If you want to you can upload your photos on to photobucket. Copy and then paste them in your post here. If you need help with this please let me know . I just checked out your photos. They are very nice looking Tegus.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Congrats on the new additions, I just recommend a Vet check and that you quarantine all new pets.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...ght=quarantine
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Thanks txrepgirl...I would do it again any day, even with the 12 hours. Bubblz, I did quarantine the last two I got. But I had no idea I was getting all of these bigger ones, and I wasn't set up to keep them all separated. Fortunately they were all captive born, long time pets and look extremely healthy. Not that any of this is any sort of a guarantee.

If they appear healthy I wouldn't worry about it. I used to be very pro-quarantine but I'd like to know of a disease in tegus that is easily transmittable and could be deadly.

Your welcome. Please keep us posted. I would like to see some more photos every now and then. Thank you.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Better to be safe than sorry something as simple as a URI or Skin Infection might be minor for one animal and deadly to another. Just because one tegus system can handle it does not mean that the other one can so why risk it? The same goes for Vet visits and having fecals done to check for parasites. Just because an animal looks healthy does not mean that they are.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"