Thread: 7 yr old B+W Tegu FREE to great home.

Default 7 yr old B+W Tegu FREE to great home.

Hi folks. I've come to this forum in the hopes to find a loving home for my Argentinian B+W (male). Drake was purchased from sisco reptiles approx. 7 years ago. He has been well attended to for his life. Recently, however, due to work and life circumstances I am unable to give him the time and love he needs. I am looking for someone who can come and get him in Portland, ME. Also, all supplies offered must be taken. This includes his 6'x3'x3' glass front encosure, all cage decor, substrate and lighting. I am moving Dec. 1st and he cannot come with me. If I don't find a home for him soon I'm not sure what to do. I can email pics, additional info etc. to serious inquiries. please email me for fast response. pho ny fa ke @ hotmail . co m (no spaces obviously) thank you

Hi mrzoth. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to find a new home for Drake. It's so awesome that you have one of Rick's Tegu's. I wish he wouldn't of stopped breeding them. Just if you want to you can check out Fauna. You might find more people there who live close to where you are. Good luck with finding him a home. Do you mind posting some photos of him ? Thank you.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=489
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Sorry to hear you need to let him go.

If you have pics, and Drake has a good temperament, i'd be up for the 2hr drive to pick him up.

-Dan
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko
    3.2 Argentine Black and White Tegu

Quote Originally Posted by draco2003 View Post
    Sorry to hear you need to let him go.

If you have pics, and Drake has a good temperament, i'd be up for the 2hr drive to pick him up.

-Dan
    785.jpg786.jpg787.jpg788.jpg

So here's some shots of the tank setup and of Drake. He is super friendly, and has always been like that. He got a ton of attention the first few years of his life, but not so much anymore. He really needs more love than I can supply right now. He's friendly with other critters too, though my dog is a bit unsure of him. health wise he appears good, but I admittedly have never taken him to a vet. he does have some scarring from a bad shed a couple winters back, but has successfully shed dozens of times since then. He seems to constantly shed ,lol. He eats a mix of poultry and fruits /greens. this time of year his feeding slows way down, he's eating about 1-2 times a week. I put an ad up on my local craigslist and got some hits, but I'm honestly more inclined to send him with someone from this community. I've been a lurker here for years , I know most folks here are great owners. So, if all this works I'd love to pass him along. send me another email and we'll take it from there

Details sound good. Just emailed again, let me know if you don't get it.
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko

Default Drake is at his new home and starting to settle in.

Went and picked Drake up last night.

Transfer complete. Glad to have the opportunity to add him to our family.

drake1.jpg
    drake2.jpg
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko

I'm happy to see that all turned out well . Congrats Dan on your new family member. I love the second photo. It's to cute . Thank you for posting the photos.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Real happy he's in a good home!

Great ending!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator