Thread: Bulk Calcium

Default Bulk Calcium

Where is a good place to order some bulk calcium supplement? The pet stores around here don't have tegu sized quantities. Thanks!

I don't know. I'm sorry. But what you can do is get some chicken necks from your store and put them into a food processor. Then freeze small portions. You can thaw them out and mix it in with the ground meats, fruits and veggies. This will provide some good natural calcium. If you have a very good meat grinder you can use other parts then the chicken necks. Like a hole cut up chicken.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

What do you consider to be bulk?
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Default Bulk Calcium

You could also consider using whole animal ground meats. This to me seems more natural than calcium supplementing ground meat from the local supermarket. I use hare-today. I still supplement calcium occasionally but usually I just give some multivitamins with my whole animal meats. Of course, I also use UVB (strip light and MVB) to complete the vit D and calcium cycle.

If you are still looking for calcium without d3, just look on amazon. They have several products there.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying calcium supplements in bulk is not necessary just add whole prey and raw bones to their diet.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

Great, thanks all. I've been feeding whole prey, turkey necks, and hair-today wholeground chicken/turkey. Good to know calcium isn't a must.

edit: I've been feeding other things as well - I mentioned those because they are directly related to calcium.
    Last edited by heatha; 12-07-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Your welcome. How often do you feed the foods mentioned above that has the natural calcium from the bones ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Lately it's been every nearly every day with the occasional fruit and hard-boiled egg thrown in there. My lizard went down for an early hibernation in late July and got up early Nov. so I've been feeding her as much as she will eat. I purchased my tegu from another owner in late May and the lighting schedule he was using did not match my work schedule. I bumped forward the timer about 30 minutes every couple of days, and I think this triggered the early hibernation which began in late July. Anyway, she is only just over a year old so I've been feeding every day/every other day.