Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swollen lips and bad shed

Yeah. He has been pooping about everyday now. Better than it has been the past 2 months. Its dried out when I see it. He tends to poop at night more. Decent size feces for his size and a smaller urate (I this k that's what its called). He seems to be perfectly fine. Still won't really touch the fish and meat but quickly takes superworms and a rodent.

Yes this is OK .This is great news . It's OK if he doesn't like some of the things you give him. As they get older their taste buds will change. He might like those things later on.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Okay, thanks so much. I figured he might grow into it later but I'll keep trying different things to c if he likes anything else. I've got him into a routine now so it should be easy. Thanks again.

Your welcome. Any time.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

All my tegu will eat is ground turkey. I mix ground mazury with it but my question is should I warm it up in warm water? I usually give it right out of the fridge. I was told I could mix baby food in with the turkey to substitute for fruits? I have tried all kinds of fruits and grapes he will eat sometimes. He is having a hard time shedding and I believe it is his diet. His temps are 105 to 110 basking and 75 to 85 on his cool side and humidity is 75 to 85 and I mist 2 times a day. Thanks

Default Swollen lips and bad shed

Hare-today.com. Do your tegu a favor. If you are going to feed ground meets, order whole-animal ground foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dexter. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I agree about recommending to use whole prey ( if it's ground up or not ). The reason for it is because the natural calcium in the bones from the whole prey is much better than the calcium powder you would have to add to meats that doesn't have any bones in it. But if you do want to use the ground meats without the bones please add the calcium powder so your Tegu doesn't get any MBD ( metabolic bone disease ). You can put the ground meat into a ziploc bag and put it into some hot tap water for a while. Please make sure to mix up the meat every now and then so it get evenly heated up. If you put the meat on a plate and put it into the microwave count from 3 to 5 seconds.You shouldn't hear a sizzle sound. If you do you are over heating it. After each count mix up the meat so it can evenly heat up. Keep repeating it until the meat is luke warm, not warm or hot, to the touch. If you see any colored meat ( that doesn't look raw ) you over heated it. You still can use that meat. Just squeeze the colored meat to make sure it's not to hot for your Tegu when he swallows it. Have you tried giving your Tegu any frozen/thawed fish like smelts, sardines, or fresh fish filets ? You can warm it up by putting it into a ziploc bag and add some hot tap water. Squeeze the fish every so often to make sure it's all the way thawed out. Yes, you can add some fruit or veggie baby food. I do not recommend giving your Tegu any cooked foods or something right out of the fridge. If the food feels a bit dry mist it with some water. Ground meat can be very sticky and hard to swallow for your Tegu.

Our videos :

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to stay on topic and ask a quick question....I just recently ordered some udderly smooth cream and got it in the mail since Wapo has a piece of shed on his tail he hasn't been able to
    shake for the past week and I wanted to know if anyone has already used this cream and if so how did you go about using it and applying it in your tegus so that it works....Thanks!
    1.0 Blue Tegu