Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Swollen lips and bad shed

Also thanks for the video on how to force feed. Thats deff not how the vet told me how to do it and what to use to do it. I did try to open mouth last night and dang he has a hard bite. And one more thing, I know these reptiles are very tame and friendly. Never once did I hear that they were aggressive and mean. he even told me my bearded dragon was suppose to be mean and such. Yet he is a absolute sweetheart and cuddles with me all the time. One thing about the reptisun, I have had 3 not work for me in the past. My bearded dragon currently has it and has outlasted all 3 I had before. Has anyone had problems with this site and the bulb? I got the 2 from one site and the other from another. The one I got for my bearded dragon is from Reptileuv.com. I decided to get the one from reptileuv.com. so I ordered that and ordered the carnivore stuff. I plan on buying a syringe today and blending up some food for him so he can eat something today. Any recommendations on the bedding?
    Last edited by trombleymat; 12-20-2013 at 04:04 PM.

I got 3 different types of syringes today and blendedbup some ground turkey, beef liver, cod liver oil, mixture of greens and added a little bit of water and attempted to feed him. I was able to get him to swallow a couple millimeters of it. So that's a start. His belly looked full for once.

im using hemlock mulch and a peat moss mixture. i mist the enclosure everyday and turn on the built in humidifier i set up to my gu's enclosure for 10-20 min. it maintains a 55-65% humidity level for almost the whole day with an ambient temp of 85-90. basking temps (have 2 basking spots) are 105 and 115. cool spot around 80-85. I bought the substrate at home depot in the summer.

im glad you're not listening to that vet. i was pretty shocked at what i was reading. im sure some people actualy look up to this guy and think they are doing the rite thing for there little buddies :(....
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

I'm so glad to hear that he ate something for you . I'm using cypress mulch. But I was thinking about switching to regular top soil and mix it up with some peat moss. Bulbs can go bad if they are being moved to much, like by moving the light fixture to open the screen top or the Tegu jumps up on it. I haven't had any problems with our lights.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I'm using cypress mulch right now as well. I cleaned it all out and put more into it. I'm going to make a humidifier fixture here soon. Doesn't look too hard and sounds like a better idea for humidity. I'll look at that mixture of hemlock and peat moss. I've feed him twice a day since friday. Had to force him him with a syringe but he is getting better at letting me do it. He seems to like it since I put a little more into the mixture. I personally think he is acting better not that he is eating this way. Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to see if he will eat real food in a week or so.

Hello Trombleymat. Sorry to hear about your problems man hopefully you can get everything straightened out. I am also in Ohio. North east about 20 min east of Cleveland. I use Mandel vetrinary clinic in Wickliffe. They have yet to disappoint me. I have taken my Colombian b/w that i rescued. I also have taken one of my dwarf reticulated python that had an upper respiratory infection. They are very knowledgeable about herps and other exotics. Hope this helped. There are also a couple other vets that see exotics out my way. I know it is a bit far but if you cant find a good one, might be worth it. If you have any questions or anything man can email me if youd like- desz0000@gmail.com

Thanks it's about a 3 hr drive for me so I'll keep looking for now but if I have to I will drive up there. I'm sure there is one in Columbus or Dayton that I can find.thanks again though.

How long do you suggest I force feed Argo? Should I keep feeding him that way but try to introduce actual food to him?

Yes. Keep force feeding him and still try to give him some regular food. Try some very small amounts first so you don't waist to much in case he doesn't eat it. Also so his stomach can get used to having solid food in there again. How is he doing ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

He seems to be doing better. He is eating more each day. Still has bad shed on his tail but working on it. I've been bathing him once a day and letting him soak for about 20-30 min then using mineral oil.
    Last edited by trombleymat; 12-27-2013 at 02:40 PM.