Thread: Still out...

Default Still out...

So I got these new tegus. Two red females and a B/W male. None of which have started hibernating yet. In fact tonight at somewhere around 35deg. The two reds are out of the hide lying in the open. Is it possible the male is pushing them out??? He goes back in the hide at night. If the reds are not going to sleep do you think I should set up some sort of heat lamp for them? My other male in the same enclosure has been asleep for a few weeks now. I'm just kind of surprised to see these guys still out and about.
    It's all fun and games until you lose your right to vote and bare arms!!!!

You have them outside in that kind of weather and asking if you should have a light on them while outside? are you serious bro? Do you want dead lizards tonight?

Default Still out...

35 degrees Celsius bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Still out...

Nevermind, lake havasu city is posted for a lie of 39F tonight. I hope he means an indoor temp of 35C. If not, that's totally dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've kept tegus outside here for 4 years now. And outside in Virgina were it snowed and got down in the teens. But the ones I've had have always gone down by now. It's not the temps I'm worried about so much it's more that they are still active.

Bro.......

reddawg. Wow, I'm very surprised, too, that they are still up with this cold weather. Do you have something that you can separate the enclosure with in case he is kicking them out.

RickyNo. A lot of people even some great breeders keep their Tegus outside and didn't kill their Tegus. No need to be so harsh.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

What a great video txrepgirl....I will follow some of agamas advice and add some layers to the nest. I'm going to make another nest this weekend as well so there are more options. The nest that they built themselves is better then anything I could. It is so awesome seeing tegus do what the do naturally.

Thank you. I'm glad I could help. Bert Langerwerf ( Agama Int. ) was one of the best breeders out there ( R.I.P ). If you want to you can check your local Craigslist on line. Go to the free or/and the pet section. There you could find some good deals on some dog igloo or dog houses that you could use for your Tegus to put into the ground. This way you can put some material that was shown in the video on top of the igloo. I do recommend not to use the bottom part. Just in case it rains you don't want the igloo to fill up with water since it's under ground. Good luck with everything.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl