Thread: enclosure height

Default enclosure height

how happy are you ppl who only have a 2 foot high viv. i'm thinking of having 2 vivs on top of eachother and 4 foot high would work nicely since mdf sheets are 8x4 foot.
    Uli

My columbian b+w has 24" height and it seems fine with it. He has never climbed up to bask nor does he try to get to ceiling. Just comes out of hide onto rock placed under one of the heat lamps. Can't speak for Argentines.

Years ago I built some enclosures for T.merianae hatchlings, and they were about 2' high. They worked out fine until the little monsters got a bit bigger. It wasn't long before they could tear apart lighting fixtures and such. Even with wire mesh to protect stuff, they still destroyed things on a regular basis. So if you're planning on keeping adult T.merianae, T.rufescens or T.duseni, I'd recommend a lot higher ceiling than 2'. My experience with T.teguixin has been kinda mixed in that regards. Some do fine in that shallow of an enclosure, others don't. But they don't tend to be as destructive as the bigger fellows.