Thread: Questions on hibernation.

Default Questions on hibernation.

Hello everyone, I have a few questions about Argentine Tegus and hibernation.
    I currently don't have a Tegu but I may have one this summer, but I want to know if there is a way to stop hibernation or shorten the hibernation time? 7-10 months is as if you don't even have a pet anymore!
    Are there other kinds of Tegus that aren't a Colombian or Argentine but don't hibernate?

Thanks.

Hi TheOddOne. Not all Argentine Tegus hibernate. We have five Argentine Tegus and just some of them hibernate. They all have the same living conditions. Honestly they do what they want. Even if a Tegu hibernates one year doesn't mean that he will hibernate again the following year. We have our Leonidas since 2007 ( he was a hatchling when we got him ) and he never hibernated.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Hi TheOddOne. Not all Argentine Tegus hibernate. We have five Argentine Tegus and just some of them hibernate. They all have the same living conditions. Honestly they do what they want. Even if a Tegu hibernates one year doesn't mean that he will hibernate again the following year. We have our Leonidas since 2007 ( he was a hatchling when we got him ) and he never hibernated.
    Okay that's what I thought thank you

Your welcome.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl