Thread: Feeding raw meat?

Default Feeding raw meat?

IM getting a youngster in a month and got a question I dont seem to find an answer to anywere.

I will feed 60% insects in the beginning, Roaches, crickets and superworms. about 20% vegs. And then I´ve heard and seen alot of people feeding raw meat, like chicken livers etc.

Can I feed him that even in a younger stage? And what sorts of raw meat is ok? I got a really good price on minced meat and beef from a store near me. I have NO idea if they sell chicken organs.. I´ve never seen that in a store before.. (Sweden).

Default Feeding raw meat?

I'm not sure if hare-today ships to other countries, but I would look into that website and others similar too it. They sell whole-animal ground meats. And it's never to young to get them onto whole ground meats if you also incorporate whole prey items as well into the regular diet.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can feed your baby Tegu any meat that is lean, like ground chicken/turkey/beef as soon as you get it. If you can't find a website where you can order hole ground feeders then you can get a meat grinder. You can get some chicken wings or thighs and grind them up and add other meats that doesn't have any bones or the bones are to big for the meat grinder. You also can grind up some egg shells for natural calcium and add that to the meats. If you want to you can get some smelts ( very small fish from the grocery store ). You also can feed fresh fish filets like salmon, cod, tuna, tillapia, cut up into small pieces. You also can offer some different fruits. Please make sure you don't give him/her any of the food that comes right out of the fride. If it's to cold he/she might not eat it. If the fruit or veggie is to hard you might have to make a puree out of it. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that don't worry if your Tegu doesn't want to eat for a few days when you first get it. Some Tegus will eat on day one and some are a bit stressed out and will not eat for a few days. I also recommend feeding in a dark bin ( like in the video below ). So your Tegu will not get impacted if the food gets on the mulch and he/she will eat the mulch. If the meat is a bit dry like some ground meat is then just mist it with some water. If it's to sticky they have a hard time swallowing it.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...Tegu-Caresheet

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thanks for an excellent response!

You are very welcome . Any time. Thank you for the very nice compliment .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl