Thread: What so you do about vacation?

Default What so you do about vacation?

Hey everybody,

So basically what the title says.
    What do you do for your Tegu(s) when taking a vacation?

So far we didn't had a chance to go on a vacation since we have our Tegus ( and other lizards ). But a staff member from out Vet offered to come and take care of them if we want to go somewhere. If you have a good Vet maybe someone there can take care of your pets ( for a fee or tip ). Some Vets also have a boarding place. I'm not sure I would do this since they don't have the proper enclosures for a Tegu.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Google reptile sitters. You'll find many options. I was able to easily find someone in Houston with reptile experience who basically comes over every other day to feed my gu's. Cost varies but I pay $25 for 30 mins and they send pics via email or text showing their interaction with the gu's every visit. Yes, you'll have a stranger in your home but you take the same risk if you have a house-cleaning service.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mkrizzz83 View Post
    Google reptile sitters. You'll find many options. I was able to easily find someone in Houston with reptile experience who basically comes over every other day to feed my gu's. Cost varies but I pay $25 for 30 mins and they send pics via email or text showing their interaction with the gu's every visit. Yes, you'll have a stranger in your home but you take the same risk if you have a house-cleaning service.

Matt

I didn't know they have reptile sitters.

Absolutely. I couldn't leave town without mine! She rocks

Matt

Yeah vet techs and/or reptile sitters are the way to go! For reptile sitters i'd plan in advance, chat with ones near you and find one that you like and has availability during your vacation.
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko
    3.2 Argentine Black and White Tegu