Thread: Argo update/Rodents/Enclosure

Default Argo update/Rodents/Enclosure

Hey everyone, decided to update Argos status. He is doing very well these past few weeks. He is about 7 months old now I believe. He has had no problem shedding anymore. I changed the way i misted his tank and now i kinda just pour a couple cups of water on the mulch and mix it up really well. He is very lively in the mornings. I know he is up at 6am but I'm pretty sure he might be getting up before that. He usually goes back under his substrate by noon or so. He waits anxiously for me to feed him when I get up. I feed him superworms for now. Trying to get him to eat fish and meat but he is being stubborn about it, he usually just likes rodents and his worms. Going to go buy him more rodents soon. I was wandering if i should buy some from rodentpro at the next reptile show or not. If i do I would have to buy about 100 but if I do that wouldn't he outgrow what I buy at the time? It would be cheaper that way but should I just go somewhere and buy the lesser quantities instead? I plan on going to the reptile show March 1st here in Ohio. I'm also going to start building his enclosure when I get my tax return back. Right now he is about 18 inches long. I have him in a 40 gallon breeder for now. The only problem I have with starting the enclosure is that I'll be moving in about 2 years but I wanna make a 8X4X4 or something pretty close to that. I might just build in a way that I'de be able to take it down without destroying it. Have to think of some plans for that. I'll put up some pics of Argo later today or tomorrow. The following is just a list of materials for his enclosure. Prices will vary.
    5 sheets of 8X4 plywood $46.97 ea Total: $234.85
    1 sheet of 3X6 plexiglass Total: $65.97
    Frame $5 each Total: Depends on how much I buy
    2 large vents $10 each Total: $20
    5 gallon drylock Total: $100
    4 Hinges Total: $20
    4 locks Total: $10
    2 Handles Total: $10
    4 heavy duty wheels Total: $20
    Zilla Thermometer/Hydrometer Total: $17
    Humidifier Total: $40
    2 Light Fixtures Total: $40
    2 Reptisun 10.0 Total: $40
    2 Plastic tubes Total: $3
    Cypress Mulch/Eco Earth Total: Depends on how much I buy
    Last edited by trombleymat; 02-21-2014 at 02:11 PM.