Thread: Escape

Default Escape

Well Argo has now found out how to get out of his cage. He is in a 50 gallon terrarium. He has gotten out twice now, both times he has hidden in hard to reach places. Guess its about time to deff build his new cage now. Not exactly sure how he is getting out. He is deff smarter than I thought he was. Tricky little guy. The first time it happened he scared mw to death bc I couldn't fins him at all and I was running late for work. Thankfully he was making noise underneath the stairs and I found him. Then I thought Iizard proffed the room but he managed to escape and get back to the same spot he was in.

You are right. Tegus are much smarter than we think. I'm glad you found him. Do you have any metal clips on the screen top so he can't get out ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Plus, once they find the escape route, they always go back again.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I didn't have clips so I put wood on top. And he STILL got out! He got out one last time and knocked his heat lamp in it. I went downstairs to find the lamp on the mulch burning it and everything else was on the floor. Took me two hrs to find him this last time. Of course it was the last place I looked. But I ended up putting him n my bearded dragon cage for now. He can't escape that BC it locks from the front.

They are very stronger than we think. I'm glad you were at home and your house didn't burn down. If you have the lamp sitting on the screen top you can use a shower curtain rod and duct tape it to the enclosure. Then clip the light to the rod. You can also go to Home Depot and have them cut a wooden closet rod to the size you want.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I remeber those day.. LOL I had to put cinder blocks on top of my cage to keep Breeze from getting out LOL..
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.