Thread: Veterinary health control to big reptiles

Default Veterinary health control to big reptiles

Sorry that this post isnt about tegu!

I am going to the vet soon with my iguanas(i do that every 2-3 year just to check them).

The veterinary always want to open the mouth to check inside so everything is fine.
    Is there a simple tip to open a reptile mouth as easy as possible(anyone got video clip to show?)?

Tame reptiles that has no reason to open mouth wont open it. If the veterinary use force, i fear the worse that my iguanas will become insecure and stop being tame.
    Any help would be very thankful!

Untamed reptiles is another thing

Don't worry that it's not about a Tegu. I ( we ) don't mind talking about other pets, too . You just have to squeeze gently on the sides of the mouth to get it open. Here is a video of mine. Hope this helps. Good luck at the vet.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Wow. This is exactly what i needed to see. Thanks doctor repgirl hehe It looks so easy, tame lizard = easier to open mouth?
    I will use this way of method on my reptiles 1-2 times before i take them to the veterinary, so im prepared!

Thanks for answer

You are very welcome. Any time. Lol. Your funny ( calling me doctor ) . Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad this video helped. Please let me know how this trick works out with your Tegus. Thank you and good luck at the Vet.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl