Hello,

Thought I would share a little about myself here. It's all related, trust me.

I have been interested in a tegu for over a year now. Actually, I have wanted a large lizard for many years, but I used to think I wanted a Savannah Monitor.

Then I saw how beautiful and tame and intelligent tegus can get and I fell in love.

As far as other lizards go, I owned a 4.5-ft Green Iguana while in college years ago. Had him for 7 years. And I currently own 2 female Leopard Geckos and a bright orange male Bearded Dragon.

And I have an awesome collection of tarantulas right now. About 20 species. Most are beautiful adult females and I even have a few breeding projects underway.

I am a very hands on person who loves beauty and size. I love beautiful tarantulas and giant ones. And I have tamed down all of my spiders and handle them regularly. I don't mess with the more venomous and aggressive Old World tarantulas because I am too hands on.

I also enjoy taking my tarantulas to libraries, schools, churches, summer camps, etc and doing presentations. I have made some plexiglass display cases to take them places.

I love my tarantulas, who all do well in hand, but I want a large lizard that actually craves attention. I enjoy my beardie, who was a gift to me, but I want a heavy lizard, and the more I see about tegus, the more I am falling in love.

I especially want a Blue Tegu. But until this morning, I have not been aware of any blues in Canada (where I currently live). But I was told this morning they will be coming to Canada this summer!

SO, I have questions. Questions about nutrition and feeding. Questions about hibernation. Questions about "potty-training", and I look forward to interacting here.