Thread: Orange peachy Argentine

Hybrid View

Default Orange peachy Argentine

My new tegu is a yearling, or there abouts. She is an Argentine, supposedly Chocoan. Yes, I know all about the controversy with extreme giants. In any case, she is an unusual color. Her picture is below. She is peach/orange. I've not seen one like her online. I shouldve taken the picture against a blue background or something so you can really see her color. She is a real stinker and this is the first time in the week's I've had her that she was still enough for me to get a good shot. Anyway, Her belly is dark orange. I really need a shot of her belly because its brighter than anything I've seen on the web. Has anyone seen something like this? Can they share their experience?

I'm hoping that if they are "baby colors" and go away, that they won't simply fade into a yuck color but will instead turn into something striking like black and white (a normal b&w).

She was at Atlanta's Repitcon, and the breeder is Baby Area Reptiles. He brought a slew of baby yearlings in. Some were stupendous high whites. Which I really wanted. But hubby and son talked me into this one because they love unusual things attractive or not lol. Its a family pet, so I said yes.

He said he breeds on site. But I don't know if he also is a sort of broker too. His stock there was so awesome. All on great diets and appropriate schedules. I've not read anything "bad" about him online but Iv'e only seen mentionings of him. I wish to gosh I knew more about him. So if anyone does, would they mind PM'ing me or even commenting here?

Years ago in my initial lab colony I had a beautiful young male of a similar colouration (I named him Rainbow Warrior). I only have one photo of him, and this was years ago, digital cameras were not the best then and similar to yours, the colouration is really hard to make out. Hilarious thing then was everyone was screaming at me that it was some "new blue tegu morph".

Wowee! That is one unique gu there! Do you know anything about where it came from? If the sibs were that color or anything? Did yours fade, brighten or darken as they aged? Also have you found many like ours? Thank you sooooo much for replying. I sure hope others do.

I probably know more about the origins of that particular tegu than most do of theirs. He came from Brasilian stock in Sao Paulo, Brasil, there were many different coloured offspring from that group but none of his siblings were similarly coloured. While there was a little fading with age, I cannot claim to know how it would have turned out because sadly this guy did not live to a ripe old age. This is one of the reasons I highly question when people want to claim a different colour pattern as a certain morph or even a new species because the variety I've seen come from the same litter has been quite huge. Similar to yours, he had a dark orange belly (which didn't fade or change with season/shedding/hormones as some people claim). In this photo he's about 1.5-2 years old.

Wow tupinambis. This was one very good looking Tegu. This is the first time I have seen one like this. Thank you for sharing and my he R.I.P.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

That's fascinating. Thanks for sharing his background. The black on him is stunning. He looked like he was very big for his age?