Thread: time to buy food

Default time to buy food

im going to be placing my my order for the mice here in the next day or two. tegus grow vary fast so I wanted to ask how many mice should I buy for him at the start buying in bulk like. Pinky mice/Fuzzy mice/Hopper mice. and so on.

I don't mine buying to much at the start. but I don't want to buy to much of a small feeder and have it go to waste if he wont eat it " sure they eat just about anything tho"

my plan is to buy 100 pinkys and 50 fuzzy at the start "this is not the only thing ill be feeding him" the rest I cant get on the go or when needed

I havnt had to buy mice in along time I buy mostly rabbits now for my snakes so I have to get a bigger space to store them XD

To be honest with you I recommend buying adult rodents and when you are going to use them put them in a blender ( they are frozen/thawed for the ones who don't know ). The adult feeders have more natural calcium in their bones then pinky mice do. You would have to dust them with calcium powder.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

ill give that a try but I planed to dust the pinkys. as for a blender whet brand can handle blending bones? I know of none that come to mine but ill look up some and see if me store has them.

ty for the help XD

Your welcome. I'm using the the Ninja blender with the food processor attachment. When I'm out of feeders I buy chicken wings and blend them up. I do recommend cutting everything up in smaller pieces first before putting it into the blender/food processor.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

thank you vary much my store as thos ill see witch one will work best and try it out. and but a label on it so the people in my home don't us its. it will suck for them XD

Your welcome. Lol, I know what you mean. I have a blender and food saver just for our lizards, too .

Our videos :

You have a tegu, small feeders rarely go to waste especially rodent type no matter what size the tegu is. If the gu is small and the prey is too big then cut it up or blend it like previously mentioned and offer it that ways. When it's a larger tegu and the prey is smaller it's not a problem either. they'll still take it even if you toss it in with other stuff. Tsuk my b&w ate a bowl of weaned rats last week that my snakes didn't take and he eats large rats.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

thank you bubblz. I don't have my tegu yet hes is soon to come. never had one before so I don't know much on there feeding habbits yets its nice to know he wont mine

My tegu is very picky eater right now. He will eat a fuzzy mouse with egg yolk on it. I mix calcium powder in my egg yolks to help. He loves it!