Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red tegu full of fluid

We took her to the vet to get the implant on Friday (June 6). They drained the remaining fluid and put in the implant. He also gave us an anti-inflammatory which we're supposed to give her daily for two weeks with food. She's responded well to the fluid draining. She's passing feces every few days and she's more active. It's too soon to tell if the implant is having any effect. I'm not a fan of the anti-inflammatory. Feeding her everyday makes her balloon up again. We're trying to keep the meals small, a few blueberries or a couple mango chunks or a fuzzy, but even still her belly is getting big. I know it could just be the food, but I thought she was just fat before and it turned out to be fluid. The circumstances are frustrating since I always end up second guessing myself.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. You are doing a great job with her and she is very lucky to have you. I'm glad she is more active, eating and passing feces. I hope and pray that all will turn out well.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I built an enclosure for her on my balcony so she can get some real sun instead of just the MVB. I took a few pictures of her sunbathing.

Attached Images Attached Images

I had to get her drained again a few days ago. Almost 500ml this time. The fact that she filled up with fluid again is kind of expected. The implant can take a while to take effect. So we're going to ride out the summer, getting her drained as necessary and then see where we are.

That said, she's like a completely new lizard now. I feel like I never owned a tegu before, because she's so active. She demands constant attention. She always wants out of her enclosure, and if I ignore her she starts batting at her lights. It'd be nice if she'd calm down a little. But it's good to see her healthy.

Those are some very nice photos of her. She looks like she loves being out in the sun . You are doing such a great job with her. I'm glad to hear that she is being so active. Thank you again for keeping us posted. I appreciate it. Hope the implant will go in effect soon.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl