I am building my tegu a new enclosure. This one will be her full size enclosure and will measure 6' by 3'. It will also serve as a coffeetable in my living room. It will be a melamine enclosure but I will add plexiglass on the top (because it will be a coffee table) and it will have plexiglass doors in the front. My question is how should I control the humidity in this big enclosure? The one I have her in now is 3' by 1.5' and I just spray down the cypress mulch once in a while. I have also added eco earth to the mulch. Her shedding is fair, but I feel it could be better. I am not always able to spray down her tank and I don't wish to invest in some 120 dollar misting system. I could build one myself, but is it worth it? Or is there a simpler way to control the humidity levels? I also want to hear ideas on the water dish (should be big enough for them to lay inside). THe problem is she always fills up her water dish with mulch! She is always digging and throwing all her mulch in the dish.

P1020859.jpgP1020860.jpgP1020861.jpg

These pictures are of her current enclosure, which has sliding plexiglass. My new one will be doors on hinges that fold down and will serve as a small ramp for her to go in and out of her enclosure. If anyone has tips on the lighting please let me know. Currently I just have one 12'' uvb bulb approximately 18'' off the floor of the tank and it is hidden by the front framework. The heat bulb is a 75 watt regular zoo med bulb. Her new enclosure will be a bit taller (how big would you guys suggest?) so I am unsure of how I will set up the bulbs. Hope to hear your replies soon!