Thread: Excited new member

Default Excited new member

Hello everyone! I just joined up a few days ago after lurking around for a few years. I would have joined as sooner but I didn't have any pictures to show anyone since I didn't have a tegu. Well now I do!

Yesterday we brought home our very first gu, an Argentine Black and White Tegu we have decided to call Romeo! I'm so excited to have him! Ever since I learned of the existence of tegus 4 years ago I have been researching as much as I can on how to care for one properly and give it the best life it can possibly have. I really want to dedicate the rest of my life to these lizards; they captivate me like no other animal has before and I'm hoping to learn more about these animals whenever I can. Now that we finally have the resources for one, we were finally able to bring one home and we couldn't be happier with him. He's only a few weeks old and still has some green on his head, but he looks vibrant and healthy. If you come up to the glass he'll walk over to investigate you. He's got all his little toes and a nice long tail. I think he'll grow into a very handsome adult.

I've probably rambled too much, sorry! I'm still excited I guess. Here's some pictures of the little lad!

Right now he's on a mix of aspen(I had some leftovers) and eco earth. When I deep clean the entire tank out in the middle of August I'll be giving him pure cypress with a bit of eco earth instead but right now the aspen appears to be doing a good job of holding all his burrows.

Plans for his 8x5x4 enclosure are being sketched up when I can work on them. I'd like to give him a little more room since he's male. I think he will appreciate the space. :)

He looks beautiful. I can relate on the researching and to the excite meant. I got my little guy on impulse and probably should have waited but I'm taking care of him just like I would if I had waited. I named mine Argo and he is about 10 months I believe and already 35 inches long. I have mine in an 8x4x4 but its not the best looking. Only second time building a cage. But first time making one this big. I plan on scraping it and making it bigger and such when I move. Good luck with and have fun with your many adventures.

Hi Tegusaurusrex. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I'm so sorry for the very late reply. Romeo is such a cute Tegu. I love the name. We named our Vizsla Romeo . How is he doing now ? Do you have any updated photos of him you could share with us. It would be great. Hope all is well.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you! Romeo is doing very well and I do have some photos to share. He's been doing a lot of growing since we got him!

Now at 6 months old, he's 3.1 pounds, and almost 3 feet!

He looks great and very happy. You are doing a great job with him. Thank you for the updated photos. They are very nice.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl