Hello everyone! I just joined up a few days ago after lurking around for a few years. I would have joined as sooner but I didn't have any pictures to show anyone since I didn't have a tegu. Well now I do!

Yesterday we brought home our very first gu, an Argentine Black and White Tegu we have decided to call Romeo! I'm so excited to have him! Ever since I learned of the existence of tegus 4 years ago I have been researching as much as I can on how to care for one properly and give it the best life it can possibly have. I really want to dedicate the rest of my life to these lizards; they captivate me like no other animal has before and I'm hoping to learn more about these animals whenever I can. Now that we finally have the resources for one, we were finally able to bring one home and we couldn't be happier with him. He's only a few weeks old and still has some green on his head, but he looks vibrant and healthy. If you come up to the glass he'll walk over to investigate you. He's got all his little toes and a nice long tail. I think he'll grow into a very handsome adult.

I've probably rambled too much, sorry! I'm still excited I guess. Here's some pictures of the little lad!

Right now he's on a mix of aspen(I had some leftovers) and eco earth. When I deep clean the entire tank out in the middle of August I'll be giving him pure cypress with a bit of eco earth instead but right now the aspen appears to be doing a good job of holding all his burrows.

Plans for his 8x5x4 enclosure are being sketched up when I can work on them. I'd like to give him a little more room since he's male. I think he will appreciate the space. :)