Thread: What should I do?

Default What should I do?

Okay guys I need your honest opinion, should I re-home my tegu? I'll give you my scenario. I have a Argentine Black and White Tegu, he is about 11 months old if I remember right. He is about 35 inches and weighs 3.5 lbs. I leave for work at 5:30am and I get home around 4:30. Argo usually goes to sleep around 6pm and gets up about 5am ish. I'm getting a second job because I'm proposing to my girlfriend soon. Then I'm getting my own place after we are married. I currently live with my parents to save up on money. Argo is in a 8x4x4 cage in the basement. His temps and humidity are where they should be at. I feed him right and love him to death. He isn't as tame as I hoped he would be but I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with him as I would like. I've been thinking about re-homing him for the past couple weeks but as soon as I get him out I always change my mind back. So what would you guys do in my situation? Be honest, I want to hear everyone's opinions. If I find him a new home I'll deff get another Tegu in a few years.

Keep the tegu and don't get married. Girls come and go but a tegu is for life.

Eric. That is not true .

trombleymat. I understand where you are coming from. Yes, a Tegu deserves a lot of attention. But you are the one who should make the decision if you want to keep him or not.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Eric that same statement can be reversed. But you can't really marry a tegu so I think I'll still get married. I know I'm the one that needs to decide. I just wanted to hear peoples opinions. I don't think its fair to him if I can't give him enough attention. I love him to death but I want what's best for him. It'll free up a few bucks here and there as well. I'm still on the edge about it. My girlfriend keeps saying I'm going to regret finding him a new home and I know I will but things are going to be changing real soon.

Then again he will be hibernating soon and he wouldn't need as much attention and care as he would if he didn't. Do tegus need a lot of attention or will he be okay for a few months without the daily attention? I guess that's my main concern right now.

Your tegu doesn't necessarily need your attention, he will be just fine on his own as long as you still provide the necessities. Daily attention is important to help him develop a tolerance to people and handling.

Okay, I'll be keep caring for the necessities.I'll try to provide as much attention as I can but it won't be everyday. This should only last a couple months to a year max.

My statement was ment as a joke, and if your girlfriend is on the side of you keeping your tegu she is most likely a keeper. Good luck with everything.

Yeah I know it was. Yeah she isn't too fond of him but she will tolerate him until he poops on her. Haha.