Thread: would a tegu attack a small snake?

Default would a tegu attack a small snake?

One of my snakes escaped yesterday morning, and I've since been turning the house around trying to find her. We're slightly concerned it was my roommate's fault, because her cage was completely locked down, but I have no proof. Regardless.

My tegu is outgrowing his baby enclosure and I'm working on building him a new one suitable for an adult. As such, he gets very stir crazy in his enclosure, so I take him out and let him wander around my room for several hours a day. Because of my snake, though, I haven't let him out in fear of him attacking her if she sneaks back into my room. He's getting very very frustrated with me and has been really aggressively trying to escape and I'm worried about him. I have him with me on my bed right now, burrowing in some blankets, but I feel bad that I can't let him roam the way he wants to.

Do I actually have anything to worry about? Would a young (yearling+) tegu attempt to eat or kill a foot and a half long snake?

how big is your snake and your tegu? and how old are the both of them

i ask this cuz its happened to me. i own two vary big snakes tho my retic got out and i didnt know she got out and she like hideing in my bed to sleep. but so does my tegu when i had her out i went to turn off and light in my bathroom cuz i forgot and i fond my tegu sleeping on my retic gave me a dam heart attack for sure but they wer happy like that but i still got my retic back in her cage
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

If your Tegu is bigger than the snake then yes. If the snake is bigger then your Tegu then your Tegu can get hurt. Hope you will find the snake. Look in some warm places like a pile of laundry or extension cords. The snake might want to warm up in those areas. That's what Tegus usually do.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Just so you know I found the snake mostly intact (she burned herself on her side somehow) but she is okay and alive and Terezi is able to roam around again.

I'm so glad you found the snake and that all turned out well. Hope she will heal soon. Thank you for the update.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl