Thread: Huge enclosure--New owner--Questions

Question Huge enclosure--New owner--Questions

Hey everyone,

I haven't got a tegu yet, but I've got 2 veiled chameleons, a bearded dragon and some geckos... time to move up in the world.

I'm doing tons of research and I was wondering some things about the size of a custom enclosure I already have.

It's 10'x10'x7' (L x W x H). I basically wanted to know if the height is even usable... as in, if I were to put some ramps or branches, etc. for a full-grown tegu to climb up to a basking spot (and had another basking spot on the bottom, just in case), would he use it? Do they like to climb at all?

The space used to be used for ferrets, but that's all long gone and I have it ready for either a few cool reptiles or one huge one...

Thanks,
    Dillon

is the enclosure by feet or inc' if its by feet its to big for a baby tegu but would be great when he gets older if its by inc' then its way to small

the climbing thing its a yes and a no. some do and some dont but for i baby it might run from you and jump off cuz its not use to you
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

The measurements are definitely in feet...

I have an 18 gallon tank for the baby and will make it bigger when she gets bigger. Eventually into that huge enclosure

vary nice. then i say you have a great amount of room to give and that will be great for your tegu
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

Hi Dillon. I'm not sure if I welcomed you to our Tegu forum family yet. If I haven't I'm sorry. Welcome. This would be perfect for when your future Tegu is grown. I'm glad you have a smaller one for the beginning. Is the enclosure sealed so it can hold humidity and the wood will not rot ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thanks for the welcome

Good point--I didn't think about sealing. I'll have vinyl as the floor. The walls are insulated so there's thin sheets of wood between the inside and the insulation. I'll definitely seal it!

Your welcome. I saw this on the news before.

http://www.rodalenews.com/green-remodeling-0
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl