Thread: Reviews on TeguTerra care sheet

Default Reviews on TeguTerra care sheet

Hello everyone.

I recently read the care sheet on TeguTerra for argentine tegus, (I'm getting a blue within the next few months) has anyone used this diet plan? I think most of the information is accurate, but I want to know if this will work for a hatchling. Also, what about supplements? Im having a very difficult time finding something that tells me how often I should give calcium/multivitamin and calcium or multivitamin with d3. Should d3 be given everyday?
    I have copied and pasted the information of this care sheet below.

Tegu Food

***** Tegus are primarily meat eaters. However they have been known to, in the wild, ingest fruits and vegetables as well.*

* * **Also , as far as feeding in the enclosure or outside the enclosure, there has always been differing opinions . I feed all of my Tegus inside their enclosure.Feeding in the enclosure does not promote food aggression, Tegus are too smart for that. I have had better feeding responses and the Tegu knows when I take it out, it is for companionship, not feeding. *But I would not be against taking the Tegu out for feeding. It is what ever is best for you and your Tegu!

* *Because of the various stages of a Tegus life, I will break the food requirements down below.

*Hatchling Feeding: Every day

a.)*1/2 inch to 3/4 size crickets)gut loaded and dusted with Calcium powder)

b.)*Meal worms or (superworms, chop the head off)

c.) Raw ground turkey mixed with Calcium powder

d.)*Eggs(cooked only, by boiling or scrambling).

e.) Blueberries(chopped in small bite sized pieces)

f.) *Fresh Fish( cut in bite size chunks)

g.) Grapes(chopped in small bite sized pieces)

h.) Strawberries( chopped in bite sized pieces)

i.) *Bananas, only in moderation.

*Lastly, what do you guys think about feeding your Tegu inside the enclosure, as stated above.
    Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

me my self i dont feed in the enclosure i hand feed my tegu every day and she know when its feeding time and knows it comes to her she doesnt come to it
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-carl View Post
    me my self i dont feed in the enclosure i hand feed my tegu every day and she know when its feeding time and knows it comes to her she doesnt come to it
    Yes I was thinking about hand feeding if I end up getting a tegu. Also, are hatchlings as fragile as everyone says they are? Are they more fragile then a baby bearded dragon?

ive never had a bearded dragon so i wouldnt know
    but my tuge was just fine the day i got her she eat allmost everthing i gave her the 1st day i was feeding her but it might just be how she was.

but i was vary careful with her. i never let her on the floor or out of my view for more then i sec cuz she can get in some truble fast

but no matter what you do with your tegu in terms of feeding it what ever fills right to you.
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

No, they are not more fragile. I don't feed our Tegus in their enclosures because if some food drops on the mulch and they eat a big piece of mulch with the food they can get impacted. When we got our first Tegu I heard that it was OK to feed in the enclosure. Well he got impacted and got a prolapse. So after that I never did it again. But I leave this up to you. It's also easier to keep things clean. Tegus can make a big mess sometimes. A lot of times after our Tegus are done eating ( feed them in the bath tub ) and I rinse them off they have to poop.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...Tegu-Caresheet
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl