Thread: Calcium build up in Leonidas foot

Default Calcium build up in Leonidas foot

Please pray for our Leonidas. He has to get a surgery in 3 to 4 weeks. He lost some weight and I have to bulk him up before the surgery. He has been eating just not as much. When I took Leonidas to the vet a little while back he ( we ) thought that Leo broke his foot. He sad I should wait and see if it would heal on it's own. Well it got bigger. So my boyfriend and I took Leo to the vet again. We got some X rays done and we found out that he has a calcium build up. The vet and I have never seen this before. But the there is a good news. The vet sad that Leo doesn't have any MBD ( metabolic bone disease. The reason why Leo lost two nails is because the build up cut of the blood circulation.

photo SS856130_zps2582c037.jpg

The vet sad it's not MBD. His bones look good. It's a calcium build up. They don't know how he could ov gotten it. He will have to get a surgery soon. photo SS856131_zps9f78afcd.jpg

photo SS856132_zpsa691ca1d.jpg

photo 0LEONID_zps24aba283.jpg

photo 1LEONID_zps07c9289d.jpg

photo 4LEONID_zpsd866528d.jpg

photo 2LEONID_zpsc183916f.jpg
    http://www.thetegu.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=19
     photo 3LEONID_zps59b37ef7.jpg

photo 482_zps7403cee3.jpg

photo 8914_zps9fb98ccb.jpg
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I hope everything goes well and he has a speedy recovery!

On a side note, that second picture I have a couple questions about. I know you said he lost two nails because of circulation but how come the other nails or toes seem to be growing upwards? And do you clip his nails? Because I have been trying to find a way to file down/clip yoshis nails but havent found a way that wont hurt him or where he will let me do it without struggle. His nails destroy my arms everytime I try and hold him :/

you have me and naga's prays
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

Default Re: Calcium build up in Leonidas foot

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    I hope everything goes well and he has a speedy recovery!

On a side note, that second picture I have a couple questions about. I know you said he lost two nails because of circulation but how come the other nails or toes seem to be growing upwards? And do you clip his nails? Because I have been trying to find a way to file down/clip yoshis nails but havent found a way that wont hurt him or where he will let me do it without struggle. His nails destroy my arms everytime I try and hold him :/
    I think that in the second and third pictures, it shows the calcium build up on his palm. So his hand is flipped. Does that make sense? Because I really hope it does lol

Hello, I saw your problem with Tegu and I want to try solve this problem. I have a contact with the best in the world herpetologist. His name Dmitriy Vasilev(https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92...B2%D0%B8%D1%87). Here that he answered me:

It not a tumor, but anyway, it not osteogene. It's possible to remove this new growth if the common condition of a lizard allows. It's also not similar to gout (lithates are less contrast), it can be adjournment of salts of calcium or multiple abscesses. I can't manage to deal only with this pictures. The survey roentgen of a lizard needs to be made on more rigidly. I see only bones, but not an internal of a lizard. You must do blood biochemistry analysis: calcium, phosphorus, uric acid, the aspartate aminotransferase analysis and the analysis of a creatine phosphokinase).

Only after this analyses you can understand the etiology. Don't hurry to do operation and try not to use in a diet proteinaceous food. While you not finish with diagnostics, try to give only vegetable food.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBob View Post
    I think that in the second and third pictures, it shows the calcium build up on his palm. So his hand is flipped. Does that make sense? Because I really hope it does lol
    Yes I see it now that does make a lot of sense.

Well anyways hope he is doing well