Thread: My new baby!

Default My new baby!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I got a baby red from Laura Roberts. He's doing really good & eating! He's still really skittish but I was able to get him out & give him a bath, I thought he did really good for it being his first. But I have one problem.. He doesn't like the feeding tongs or silverware, runs away from them & I know it's a bad habit to hand feed but he's only bit once & stopped right after he realized it & kinda looked like he felt bad. Is there anyway to get him not so scared of the tongs?

Few pictures of him! (hopefully I did this right I'm on my phone)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi Azzcfwe. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on getting a Tegu. You made a great choice getting one from Laura. If you want to hand feed him I recommend putting the food on a dish and let him eat a few bites on his own first. When he seems like that he is picking up the food gently then you can put a piece of food right in front of him. If you hold it kind of above him ( in a angle ) he might jump up to get to the food and accidentally bite you. I have fed our six ( now five Tegus since they were hatchlings. I do recommend feeding the Tegu in a bin.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you for the response. I'll have to go pick up a bin sometime. I have one more question; I have the calcium with D3 but I've read a few different things that it's nearly impossible to overdose a growing tegu on calcium but D3 it can be easy, is this true or false?