Thread: Finally pics of cage

Default Finally pics of cage

Well, I waited waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too long to post these, and now of course Deigar's cage put mine to shame, but oh well. Still needs the water bowl and compact UVB lights, but the rest is done

No way man! and i LOVE the plants... Let me know how well that works, cause i might want to do that too, but worried the tegu will kill it all for fun..

Nice job man!
    The Jay

I love the plants, what kind are they, do you know if i could use them in my waterdragon viv??

I'm not sure what the small tree thing is, it's a type of bonsai i saw at lowes and thought would fit in perfectly, the other is a bromeliad (the one with the reddish flower stem in the middle). I tried to find bigger sturdier things that he wouldnt tear up, the bonsai has been in there a long time (like 6 weeks) and he hasnt ripped it apart at all, the bromeliad went in today so we'll see about it

if you're looking for sturdy exotic looking plants for tegu enclosures, try looking at a Corn Plant or Ponytail Palm. Both look great and will hold up to abuse.
    Visit www.reptileontario.com

- Scott

0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu (Koopa)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Cowboy)
    1.0.0 Pixie Frog (Chubudha)
    0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    0.1.0 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Szandora)
    1.1.0 Cats (Jimi & Rivers)
    And a

The one in the back of the cage is a ponytail palm...they are very sturdy and hardy and nontoxic. good choice.

That's what I thought, but I thought ponytails get bigger than this. I knew all palms were non-toxic so I wasnt too concerned, not like he tries to eat it anyway.

He's recently dug a burrow under the palm, which has rooted nicely so its formed a little cave. Very nice effect