Thread: having a shed problem need some help with this

Default having a shed problem need some help with this

ok my tegu is showing signs of a shed problem on her tail she just shed 2 weeks ago and the shed on her tail is still there

i give her warm baths her humitiy is 70-80% and the bedding is misted down 2-3 times a day i have no clue why she is having this stuck shed

she eats great poops great and her body shed is fine it comes off in about a day of it starting but the tail is not

any ideas on what i can do to help her out im trying everything i can think of. i want to try a reptile safe lotion or something but i dont know of any
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

I think this happens with a lot of tegus. It happened with mine. The person I bought her from told me to put baby oil on the tail to loosen up I rubbed it in for a. Week and it came off just fine and didn't bother my gu.
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

It's normal for the shed on the tail to come of a bit later than the rest of the body. Here is some info to check out if you like. How is she doing ?

http://www.anapsid.org/shedding.html
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

For all the 'gus I have ever owned, the body always shed first, and the tail sheds some weeks later. It is normal for this to happen unless you have some other reason to suspect something is wrong. I'd just leave it alone.

Yep same as Anthony it always takes a little extra tlc for the tale to shed
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.