Thread: Boy or Girl? (bear with me)

Default Boy or Girl? (bear with me)

This is something I know a decent amount about but I feel for the beads underneath I cannot find them and Yoshi will never hold still long enough for me to feel them or find them. I am starting to think Yoshi is actually a girl only because she has not developed Jowels and I figured being 2 years old that they would have developed a good amount by now.

I am not asking for a definite answer because I know the only way of finding that is feeling for the beads. I am only asking for everyone's opinion based on this video.

If you need me to post more pictures I definitely can, I am going to try and get a picture of the area the beads should be in, but I cant promise anything because Yoshi has been coming above the surface less and less every week now.

Anyways here is the video, I have a couple others on Youtube you all are more than welcome to check those out too. I am not a photographer or good at video editing, and the jazz music in this video was as a joke lol.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYP...sXtuQrCgJBP5Jw

Those beads should be pretty easy to find (on a male). About a 1/4" past the cloaca on both sides of the tail is where they are located. So if you have your finger on the cloaca, move it 1/4" down towards the tail. Then move your finger either to the left or the right about an inch, which is very near the back of the rear leg. Feel around in this area, just past the "leg pit" on either side of the tail. The beads are fairly prominent, if they are present you will not miss them. If you can't find them then Yoshi is female. Looks female from the video due to lack of large jowels, but jowel size is variable. Beads are not, females don't have them and males do as far as I know, so this is a better sex indicator.

Thank you for the more in depth explanation. Her being female is a pleasant surprise and I'm going to double check for beads again when she gets up one last time before full hibernation. I've never seen sperm plugs either and she is 2 years old now. When do males start producing sperm plugs?