Thread: Hi everyone!

Hybrid View

Default Hi everyone!

A new tegu owner once again My last 4yr old red tegu was stolen out of my back yard while I was at church :( I waited a while since it broke my heart but eventually bought another. This time a Chacoan from John at Tegu Terra. My experience with him was fantastic. He was attentive, professional, and patient. I received my hatching (1 month old), in wonderful condition with a certificate of birth. I will be posting up all kinds of pics later. I'm recording his growth every time he sheds to make sure he is growing at the right rate. I have a couple questions.....When do his cheeks start growing? And, this tegu is the size (6mo @ 15 oz, 24" w/a 7 1/2 girth) of my last tegu when she was a year old. Also, other than John's word, how can I prove this is actually a Chacoan and not just another tegu with a "special name" to bring in more funds? Either way, I love him :P My semester ends in a couple weeks, then I'll be on here a lot....Thanks!
    Nancy
    Last edited by yumeze; 11-30-2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add pics

Default Some pics of Thiago from 1mo to 6mo

Hi Nancy. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. I'm so sorry for the very late reply. Congrats on your new Tegu. To be honest with you it's hard to tell when they get their big jowls. It depends on how fast they grow. If he is going to hibernate or not. If he does he will stop growing during the hibernation. If he doesn't hibernate and he eats a lot then he will get them soon (within a few months). Usually when they don't hibernate they are full grown when they are one year old. If they hibernate every year it can take up to three years to be full grown. Thank you for sharing the nice photos with us. Good luck with school.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl