Thread: not pooped in a week

Default not pooped in a week

has this happened with your tegu.?

my little naga hasnt pooped in a week i have taken her to the vet and they fond nothing in the x-ray.

everytime i feed her in one a glass plate on tile floor in case of a mess the floor is cleaned before i feed her and i have never given her food in or near her cage.

stuff i have been feeding her'

fish"no skin or bones' with calcium
    ground turkey, no bones or anything else"just form the store"
    shirmp as a snack once a week" no tail de-vined and no skin"

i ran out of mid rats like last mouth and i wont get my next shipment for 2 weeks. "just moved to a new place so i lost my other bag of rats"
    "last mouth meaning"like 3 weeks ago

she is peeing. and the white stuff is there to"sry im a bad speller"

the heat in her cage is 110 and hum' is 80

i have a outside lamp the gets to 130"outside of her cage in my room" that she loves to use alot when she free roams my.

i have no idea why i have seen no poop in the last week but it has me fearing. and with the vet telling me she isnt impacked i dont know what to think.

even with the other foods i give her having no skin or bones in them i should still be seeing some poop every other day or so.

any help is great and ty
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

Yes it happens, my goo didn't pop for two or 3 weeks once but she was impacted. Are you using codd liver oil in her feeding? Have you seen it trying too poop?
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

no i have not used codd liver oil.

ive seen her do her thing before but she isnt try to force anything out.
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

well she pooped it was a bit runny but she pooped two piles of it XD

Hi chaos-carl. Don't worry about your spelling . I'm so glad to hear she pooped. I recommend to upper the basking temps in her enclosure 115 to 120. Before you sad that she pooped I was thinking that she either has the runs and it goes into the substrate and you can't see it or the food goes directly to body mass. How old/big is she ? When Tegus grow they sometimes don't poop as much because what ever they eat goes to body mass. It's OK to feed her some fish with the skin and the bones (if they are solid fish/ in one piece). For small Tegus I recommend the smelts. When they are bigger the sardines. You can find them at your local super market. If not see if you have a Asian food market where you are. You can get them frozen and just thaw them out in some warm/hot water.

Smelt image:

https://www.google.com/search?q=froz...ml%3B640%3B480

Sardines image:

https://www.google.com/search?q=froz...2F%3B700%3B644
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

she is allmost 2 feet now. she only anout 8 mouths old. they grow fast.

i have look for smelts and sardines of that kind but sadly there hard to fine. all there is. is fillet of fish at most stores i get the boneless and shinless kind becuz of how big the bones are for the cuts of fish they sell.
    thos bones are vary sharp i even staped myself with one when i was deboneing a piace.

as for her pooping in her enclosure. she has done that in a long time. i had her trained to go in my bathroom.

her enclosure sits on the ground and i made a dogy door on it. it seals when its close to keep the temp/hum in but she can come and go as she plz.

I'm sorry it those smelts and sardines are hard to find where you are. It was a great idea to put the doggy door on there. How is she doing ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

she is doing great just came into a shed and its allmost all off. been poopin more to nothing in the poop thank god

the doggy door is to let her move around more. sadly i have a small place now so she is in a smaller cage.

i didnt move to a small place by chaice tho it was by force are landload didnt want to rent to us anymore even tho i had the money for the rent it was a bad time.

but she loves being able to have free roam of my room nothing she cant get hurt on i made sure of that when she was little i watched her like a hawk and boy did she get into things i swear she was my little monster XD

as long as she is happy and healthy i dont care where im at she makes any place worth it

I'm very happy to hear she is doing well. It's so nice to see that you love her this much. I wish you two the best. Thank you for the update.

Our videos :