Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tegu Bedding

I have heard that you can sterilize substrates by baking them for 45 minutes at 400°F. I'm not speaking from personal experience, however.

Default cypress rose mulch

I went to Lowes the other day and since its winter up here the only cypress mulch is this cypres rose stuff. Its not colored its just for rose gardens or somthing. Does anyone know what brand of mulch they buy or if this will work? My new cage will be finished this weekend so im going to need bedding without spending a small forturne. Thanks

So aspen is ok to use as substrate?

austonhorst Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock
    So aspen is ok to use as substrate?
    Only if you feed outside of the enclosure. Even then I would go with it as a last resort. Cypress is a much better bedding for these guys.

I use Cel-Sorb Plus its like a recycled newspaper it is alot more expensive but it will last alot longer is fully digestible does not breed bacteria like damp mulch and it blocks the odor one bag of it will last about as long as 10-15 bags of mulch will. but if you still want to use mulch bake it for 15 min at 350. also hay pampas grass clippings and just plain soil work great and are more like there natural settings and have no digestive problems as well.

Where can i get that type of bedding? and does anyone else use Cel-Sorb?