Thread: What made u want a tegu

Default What made u want a tegu

So guys I showed a co worker a pic of my red tegu and he said want made u want that thing lol. Honestly the first time I saw a tegu I thought it was ugly and I so pic of bites and the damage they could do. So I was a little turned off. But after doing more research I saw how a properly keep and socialized tegu behaved and decided.to take on the challenge of becoming a tegu owner.

Now my reasons
    1. Size. I had a huge green iguana all though high school that love so owning a big another big lizard was welcomed challenge.

2. Temperament. Other then the puberty if u respect their space in my experience tegus r really calm and laid back.

3. Bonding/intelligence. It nothing like having a 3 to 4 foot lizard follow u around.

That's just a few of mine. Pls share
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

My boyfriend (Bryan) wanted one for a while (that was in 2005). Bryan, my son and I went to a reptile show. There was a guy who had the most amazing looking lizard I have every seen. It was a powder blue/baby blue colored Argentine Tegu. At first my jaw dropped because he looked so awesome. Then I got a bit scared because of the size of it. I was worried that if this Tegu will bite us it will do some really bad damage. My son was just 10 at this time and I told Bryan there is no way we will get a huge lizard like this. But after I held the Tegu I kind of wanted one, too. So I did some research and I gave it a shot. I bought/ordered our first Tegu (Leonidas) in October of 2007. When we went to pick up Leonidas at our Reptile store I fell in love with him right away. He had this dark green head, brownish/ray body and on his legs where the white dots are they were light pink and yellow. He was so calm. When we got into the car I took Leonidas out of the bag and put him into my shirt to warm up. He fell asleep within five minutes. This is the video that changed my mind from not getting one to getting one. This video was made by Rick Sisco. He used to own this forum and he was a breeder.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

me ive owned big moniters for a long time back when i was ten. sadly i got hurt and add to give them up i was only able to keep one it was a green iguana named emit. after lossing my sav' and my lace moniters i was heart broken till i saw tegu's when i was 20 years old and i was in love with them. but i didnt get one till way later. reason why was i was still in recovyer for a bike crash i got into when i was 18. so i didnt get back into reptiles for some time i just had my one emit.

but then sadly i lost him last year in march its was a sad day for me. i remember i went to a reptile show with some friends of mine and i saw them. tegus them wer so cool and sweat i knew i wanted one. so i started looking up everything i could find about them and july 2nd of 2014 there she was my little naga she was so small and cute i couldnt wait to watch her grow up. she's not so little anymore but boy im glad i fond thos tegus that day its changed my life more then i ever hoped.

and yes i love it when my tegu follows me every where i go its so cute
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

That's cool guys. We all have a journey that brought us too these amazing animals. Hey Carl can u post some pictures of Naga. Txrepgirl can u post some pics of your tegus as while. I'm sure I told u this before but the shirt trick u posted on YouTube years ago helped me with my first tegu building trust
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

ill be getting some pic's in soon just got to get a new phone. broke my old smart phone. not so smart of me right XD
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.

Cool can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm happy to hear that the shirt trick helped. I'm going to try to take some photos soon.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl