Thread: Cut or Skin abrasion

Default Cut or Skin abrasion

This wasn't as bad a week ago before she started shedding. But I noticed a weird circular spot on Yoshi's back and it started to concern me but I decided to wait it out and see if it healed. I have been giving her baths more regularly and have been apply coconut oil to her skin. The oil helped her shedding a lot and she began to shed off some stuck shed on her tail I've been battling with for a while. Anyways when she started shedding it lifted the skin off of this spot that I noticed and this happened !:( It upset me a lot because I can tell its a bother and hurts her if its touched. I already made a vet appointment for her for tomorrow, I don't know of any reputable vets that work well with reptiles so I'm going to one near me and hoping they're good with her. I'm very worried about it since this will be her first vet visit as well as mine so I'm trying to get her a proper setup in the carrying cage I just can't think of a heat source for her since the weather is very very cold outside. Other than blankets and hand warmers wrapped in a piece of clothing or towel is all I can think of.

I think this injury happened because one of the rock slabs I use for her basking spot she likes to dig under and get herself under the rock and I noticed how sharp the edges are. I'm thinking that's what might happened so I'm going to grind the stones down.

I point ointment on the wound and left the skin there, I cut some of it off so it wasn't hanging and bothering her.

Sorry if the lighting is weird and it's hard to see I took these very quickly.

The lighting is kind of off but it looks like a burn. Is it bleeding? I wouldn't bother it until u visit the vet. Looks minor tho. Just don't want it to get infected
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

It looked red a day or two ago, now it is white. I also thought maybe a burn but both my bulbs are 12" or more away from the spot and I thought if it was hurting her she would move out of the light? One spot is at around 120-125F and she likes to rotate between that spot and the other spot which is around 100-105F. I can take it out for a while just to be double sure. But I just really thought they know they body and what hurts or doesnt hurt them. There's no way she can physically touch the bulb. At least not at that middle spot on her back.