Thread: Necrophilia documented in Tegus

Hybrid View

Wow that's nasty lol. But informative
    Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

I just read it on Facebook. It made my stomach turn. Poor girl.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Well, I posted this for 2 reasons. First and foremost was the unusual natural history observation that gives pretty strong evidence for the presence of pheromones in tegus. Secondly was something much more subtle: the picture. Look at the colouration on those two tegus, it's quite different. This was taken in what was my neck of the woods in Brasil. If you remember back when I was trying to tell people that these guys have so much variation, and that when people like Bobby Hill were trying to claim that their's was a representation of what the tegus looked like in specific regions, I said nonsense. The male in the photo looks to have some of the orange underbelly that is being called "firebelly" by some, the tear drop mark that many associate with "blues", a dorsal skull appearance that also looks blue but turns to a yellow colour as you move caudally. The dead female definitely has more colouration of what many call a "blue", along with quite a dark head - and for all the people claiming the blues came from a specific region north of the Amazon, well, Campinas is nowhere near the Amazon, and is quite far south of it.
    Last edited by tupinambis; 03-02-2015 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling