Thread: Thoughts on Feeder Reptiles?

Question Thoughts on Feeder Reptiles?

Firstly, be happy for Ukraine.
    She finally decided to poop after refusing to do so for a few days. *shakes fists*
    She's happily potty trained, but is very water-temperature specific. If it isn't the right depth or temperature, she won't swim or do the do. So picky. But I love her!!

And secondly, my lovely little fattie absolutely adores her food. Mealworms, waxworms, crickets, turkey, veggies (sometimes), and fruits (barely).

But I want to continue to diversify her diet, make sure she gets everything she needs without having to over supplement. (We just got over having too much D3, would like to not have any more problems. Haha.)

What do you think of feeder reptiles?
    Things like Anoles, House Geckos, etc?
    Yey? Ney? Treat? Weekly? Never? All the time?

I'm mostly curious.
    Ukraine has eaten 4 anoles in the last ... 3 months?
    It was a test to see if she likes them, and she does, but you know ... That's an $8 meal. Heh.

not trying to sound mean or any way. so sry if i come off as this.

this is something i would do as a reptile owner. yes i know its a part of life and it happens in the wild, but you dont own and wild reptile anymore you own a house reptile. a pet. a friend. a family member.

the fact is feeder reptiles isnt something i would ever do for the fact of all the bad thing it can bring to your reptile things you never want you reptile to have.(sry my spelling is bad so i dont know the names of the things of witch im talking about)

but how do you know if the "feeder reptiles" in witch you are buying are even healthy? i dont know of any shippers or sellers/breeders you can get them from other then getting them at a pet store.

and if you are feeding this to your tegu are the feeders pre-killed? if not. why?
    The ones you love, truly love, Never die. You keep them with you, and like this you keep them alive.