I have now kept tegus for about 10 years and am no stranger to their care. I have had no problems in the past introducing tegus to each other and know about size differences, neutral territory etc. I had one tegu which was slightly smaller and got picked on a bit before, but I separated him till he got bigger and slowly introduced to the others again and it was all fine again. All of my tegus have lived together for many years now with no problems whatsoever, until these few days.

I have acquired a new male red. The boy who kept him had to give him up because his parents did not let him keep him anymore. He came as represented, an adult, well fed red male tegu in good health except for some stuck shed, that was tame and was comfortable with human interaction and didn't bite people. This is all true.

The problem is that he would bite and attack any other tegu. Big, small, male, female, doesn't matter. Anything with 4 legs and a tail, he bites, hard.

I have separated him into a 6'x6', which is bigger than the standard 8x4 for a single tegu. It's all I have for him now.

I'm prepared to keep him separated, but would really like to try get them to get along. I think this is possible, because some tegus I had would bite ME, not other tegus, but they eventually calmed down with lots of love. I don't see why this can't happen for other tegus. I just need a bit of help from you folks. I can't work on them at all as he would charge and bite any other tegu on sight.