I know hardly anyone comes here anymore, but not sure where else to ask.

Before anyone jumps on me, I did NOT breed my tegus. This is a rescue.

On August 10, I took in a red "male" tegu from a teenage boy, who said his parents are making him get rid of his only tegu. This tegu has some jowls and ia heavily bodied, healthy and active, so I took it "as advertised".

It shows no aggression towards me, but attacked any other tegu on sight. I tried introducing in neutral territory, tried putting it in the others territory so it is submissive etc etc, but it would chase and bite any other tegu on sight, none of which fought back. They just ran away. Finally, I just decided to keep them separate.

Today, I decided to take a closer look.It has NO bumps/beads behind the cloaca at all.

I suddenly think perhaps it is a gravid female. She has a HUGE appetite, attacks other tegus on sight but not humans, and has a big belly.

I called the kid and this is what he said: That he got the tegu from another owner december 2014, where there were 5 tegus housed together. He had said before that his parents made him get rid of his only tegu, but now says he has a "female" blue tegu (not that he is good at sexing apparently)' but it is small subadult and were never together unsupervised. I don't know if this info is believable given that he sold me a male which is female...

I want to ask, is it possible for her to be gravid at this time of year? Also, she has been here for 5 weeks or so now, what are the timelines for tegu gravidity? If I am to give nesting material, can I use that hay from rabbit shops? No farm supplies here in this skyscraper city. Do I need a box of some kind?