Thread: red and b/w

Default red and b/w

can you house the two together as babies... i have b/w and wanna get a red soon but dont have enough room yet for two enclosures

thanks
    matt

It depends. Since they're babies, you don't know what gender they are. Males act more aggressively toward eachother than females or a male and a female, however that doesn't mean two females or a male and a female won't fight.. It's possible but there's always a risk of lost digits and broken tails.. The only way to guarantee their perfect health is to keep them separated when you're not around.
    Visit www.reptileontario.com

- Scott

0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu (Koopa)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Cowboy)
    1.0.0 Pixie Frog (Chubudha)
    0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    0.1.0 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Szandora)
    1.1.0 Cats (Jimi & Rivers)
    And a

I find starting them together young is ideal if you want them to be together. I find introducing tegus together has more to do with how tame the tegus are and how low their feeding response is.

Note that as adults you may need to be careful during breeding season.

Rick

i have an 8 month old red with a 3 year old b/w, it took 2 long sessions but they are togeather now and seem to be getting along great. they sleep and bask togeather every day and night. i cannot see why you would not be able to introduce them, just make sure you watch them for the first few meetings and so on. ive heard a few horror stories of unattended intrductions, so my advise is to give it a try if you really want but keep a close eye.
    p.s. i have pics of both in my album its on page 6 in the bottom right corner "anlexisonfires red"
    GOOD LUCK!! :P