Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm a Grandpa lol

Default I'm a Grandpa lol

She was looking really big today and gave birth about 2 hours ago - 1st pic I took this morning of her, than you can figure out the rest :wink:

1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

FOOD!!!

varnyard Guest

Teiidae, all I can say is good for you :wink: . I cannot get them white mice to breed for nothing. I went back to the colored ones, they breed better for me. The white lab mice need to be at a proper temp all the time. The colored ones could care less, lol. Have you got names for them yet, Gramps?

Quote Originally Posted by VARNYARD
    Have you got names for them yet, Gramps?
    Well there is 8 of them so I thought of letters for them as opposed to names :wink:
    T
    E
    G
    U
    F
    O
    O
    and
    D

varnyard Guest

Works for me lol. I just feel awful about two of them having the same name. O and O, lol :lol:

How long before I can disturb them in terms of cleaning their bedding - Obviously I will have to take them out to clean the tank - I've read I should not touch the babies - They got fresh bedding Sunday the day she gave birth - I've been changing it like every 4 or 5 days ?

varnyard Guest

You can remove them after they are one week old, but it works best if you can remove the nest and babies all at the same time. Then when you are done cleaning put the nest and babies back in the same spot. I use paper towels for the females to make nests in. I pick up the whole nest with the babies intact. In your pics there is no nest, in this case I would not remove the babies and clean the rest of the cage. Take all of the bedding out except were the babies are. You might want to remove the other mice until you are done. You can clean the rest of the tank with a damp paper towel, then replace the bedding in the rest of the cage. Then return the other mice back to the cage.

Cool - I'll leave the babies in and work around them - I'll have to try the paper towel thing next round...

Actually there were 9 babies to the litter from the pics - We did not notice the 9th till a few day later, and they are all doing well almost 2 weeks later.

On a side note the other pair I was bitching about for not breeding has finally come through - Sometime over night she had 8 babies - At first I thought there were only 7, however we found one off to the side away from the rest and dead - I'm not sure if she killed it and put it off to the side or what - She seems to be caring for the other 7 "When the male aint trying to mount her", but I'll have to keep an eye out on the other babies...

varnyard Guest

Great to hear it! The male will breed her within 24 hours of giving birth. This is normal. She will be pregnant again wile caring for these.