Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

I design refueling trucks for airports. its pretty fun but people are a pain in the arse when it comes to thier trucks. plus we are owned by a french company now. and if you dont understand why people hate the french try working for them. its very clear to me now lol. talk about arrogant!

I work in a psychiatric community, it's not terrible as it sounds, i do mon to friday shifts, the people we work with are not seriously ill (well, a couple of times we had to keep someone down to avoid damages..8O), the only bad thing it's we don't get paid enough for the responsability that we have! :(

I'm only 17, and am currently jobless. I'm trying to get into my favourite pet store, but if not I'll probably end up in a friggin' grocery store or something for a while. For the next year, I have two options as far as my career is concerned.

Option 1: Go to college for some type of skilled trade in the manufacturing field.. such as Tool & Die, Millwrite, Fabricator, Welder, etc.. Then graduate and start making at least 20 smacks an hour

orrrr

Option 2: I have an opportunity to go to Australia for around 4 months to a year to work for one of my dad's friends on his farm. He has a HUGE property, and work would be normal farm labour (which I'm used to, my dad is a farmer) and I'd be getting paid to do it. Incredible once in a lifetime experience, and I'd be getting paid to do it. Then come home and go to school.

What do you guys think? I'm still undecided about what I'm going to have to do in the next year.
    Visit www.reptileontario.com

- Scott

0.1.0 Argentine Black & White Tegu (Koopa)
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Cowboy)
    1.0.0 Pixie Frog (Chubudha)
    0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    0.1.0 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Szandora)
    1.1.0 Cats (Jimi & Rivers)
    And a

If you get toe explore Australia, do it. Its amazing, I would die to go back, but airfare is a quick kick in the ***

that's the only reason i haven't visited Australia yet - but i'm close to going.

Elwood, IL - Southwest Suburb of Chicago (about an hour away)

Personally, I would take the Australia pick, because who knows if you will ever get the chance to go back there again. Plus, how many people do you know personally that went there? Not many people get to go there and also get paid to do it. School will always be here when you come back, just make sure you go when you do get back...
    -Art-

Well I've known that I want to go for a long time.. the thing is I'm hesitant to do it alone. My brother was included in the offer, and he's actually met the guy from Australia. But he says he doesn't want to go because, get this, he doesn't want to leave his girlfriend for four months. 8O Me and my mom and my dad need to convince him that she'll be there when he gets home, and that there are telephones in Australia. She goes to school in Windsor, a 6 hour drive away, and they hardly ever see eachother anyway. I don't know what to tell him to make him realise that he's never going to have a chance to do anything like this again. I mean really, the best anyone's ever going to get is maybe sometime in the next 20 years we could save up enough money to spend a week there, or anywhere. But we have the chance do actually live there for free and get paid for it. He doesn't get it.

- Scott

0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    And a

(Newbie) Hello everyone! I spend quite a bit of time on this site, reading and checking up on info for my herps (its a great site) but this is my first time responding to anything. I'm in the military (U.S Army ) as a Operating Room and CMS Tech. I also want to be a Vet Tech but I haven't decided on how to do it. I'm in my final year of my enlistment and I don't know if i want to re-enlist with the way things are goin (Bush and Deployments and all). If i do;....I'll switch over to Vet Tech but that depends on what they have to offer for my re-enlistment. If not... there's always school as a civillian.

By the way;....RainbowParty, I love to travel and if it was me I'd do it in a heart beat. Australia.....yeah even though I'd probably be sent back for harrassing the Crocodile Hunter 8O .

Yes......Crocodile Hunter teach grass...hoppa :lol: [/i]

haha. I've thought about what I'd say to him if I ever saw him. I think I'd look at him, then take a stance. "Croiky! Look at tha soize uh that bloake! Oi'm not gunna huurt ya."

- Scott

0.1.0 Cuban Knight Anole
    And a

Man, if you have the chance go,i'm 99% sure you'll regret it if you don't. your brother doesn't want to come with you? fine, leave him back home, Aussies are very friendly and i'm sure you'll meet lots of very nice people.
    :P