Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Articles/Info on other Teiid Species

once i get my tegu's 6 x 3 built i plan on building another to stack on top of it but i'm torn whether to try to get the giant ameiva (link above) or some chilean dwarf tegus, decisions decisions......
    anyways, i'm glad that this many people have posted on here and have an interest in other teiid species, if rick set's up a forum for smaller teiids it's only gonna further captive husbandry techniques and gain peoples interests in other teiids besides tegus

Teiidae, I don't generally speak of many of my critters, it avoids having to deal with nagging questions and such all the time. At the moment, I have to admit, my Teiid collection is a little sparce, but has/does include(d) Tupinambis, Ameiva, Callopistes, Cnemidophorus and Kentropyx species. As one of our professors once said, when we have visiting speakers and such, it would better to take them to my place than to visit the zoo, there's more to see.

tupinambis, do you keep a C. maculatus? they have a spotty captivity record. i would love to hear about them and pics if you do. (sorry for the nagging )

haha, i wanted to find out which Callopistes he keeps/kept along with which ameiva species but didnt wanna "nag"

anywho here's a bad *** juvenile Callopistes Flavipunctuatus

not mine but wish it was and if anybody wants to check out other teiid pix heres a nice gallery http://markmlucas.com/Monitorgallery.htm