Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Review of [url]www.nyworms.com[/url]

i've had great success with reptilefood . com also for the last 2 years. supers are hardy. they are a staple feeder for my beardies and monitors and tegu and veiled cham. one problem with them is that the beardies don't want crickets anymore. they hold out for the worms-silk and supers. supers are 1:9 Calcium to Phosphorus, too so shake them in some Calcium dust a few times per week.

another nutrition site said 1:18 Calcium to Phosphorus. either way it is way below the 2-3:1 most lizards thrive with. cheers.

bad times but not her fault

ordered 1000, she sent 3day (not good) they came dead... i emailed her she refunded money with in 5 days i think... not bad just sucks kuz i am out of supers... along with most places in fort wayne

I've delt with NYWorms for a long time now i dont know why i havent writen a review. I live in Cal and even though there are places closer that will ship and sometimes are cheaper, i end up with half my shipment dead or dieing on arrival. so time and time again i order supers from NY Worms and each time i open the box i couldn't be more happy. My tegu loves when they come in, i think he can smell when i open the box, lol!!!

100% customer service too, Rita is great any question you have she'll answer and its like she never sleeps becuase even at 5 am she'll responed. So if your looking for super worms at a great price i high recomened NY Worms.

This sure got my attention. We bought some supers but haven't pushed the BD's to eat them, they've been eating crickets their whole lives (a little over a year). I tried feeding them to our new 2.5 year old Blue Tegu but he wasn't interested. I'll have to try them with our 5 month old Tegu (16"-17"), he should be big enough for them now.

Need slightly deeper bowls though. Those little buggers can get out of the ones we have.

Our smaller BD has found be really like roaches (I breed them) but I'm getting low on males, he will have to go back to crickets or eat supers for a few months. We have a 2 month old Blue Tongue Skink who loves baby roaches, he's eating all of the ones who should be growing into new adults!
    1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas
    1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon
    0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Ball Python, 0.0.1 Corn

Hey Dave Dragon your blue dosen't like supers, wow mine will eat them even when he looks full, lol. Course mine is still a youngster at only 10 months old. I use supers as his stable and give him a mouse or young rat every other day. in between he gets treats as well, like roachs, turkey, eggs... the list is long, but even with that verity he never turns down supers... could just be the age gap though, after all i could eat pizza everynight but my mom only likes it once in awhile, lol.

Also nyworms has a good selection on roachs and mealies as well, The lobsters and mealies i got from them a year ago were in great shape, my lizards just turned out not to like roachs, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chelvis
    Hey Dave Dragon your blue dosen't like supers, wow mine will eat them even when he looks full, lol. Course mine is still a youngster at only 10 months old. I use supers as his stable and give him a mouse or young rat every other day. in between he gets treats as well, like roachs, turkey, eggs... the list is long, but even with that verity he never turns down supers... could just be the age gap though, after all i could eat pizza everynight but my mom only likes it once in awhile, lol.

Also nyworms has a good selection on roachs and mealies as well, The lobsters and mealies i got from them a year ago were in great shape, my lizards just turned out not to like roachs, lol.
    I take that back!! He ate some last night. I need to feed him outside his tank though. He would grab them, throw them to the substrate, pick them up, maybe throw them down again and finally eat them. He only lost one. Our Bearded Dragons ate some too.

I've got a roach colony but one of our Bearded Dragons has discovered he like roaches and has eaten almost all the males. For months they never were interested. Time for him to switch to supers for a few months (while the roach colony regrows) and get away from those stinky crickets.

Our 5 month old B&W gets 2 fuzzy mice (with Tegu Bites and some fruit) every other day. He actually will eat a little fruit! Our 2.5 year old blue is overweight and has been cut back to an adult mouse every 4 days and offered supers and fruit every day. He has eaten a little fruit too! I still have to try eggs with both of them!
    1.1 Blue Tegus, 1.1 Cuban Rock Iguanas
    1.1 Bearded Dragons, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon
    0.1 Columbian Boa, 1.0 Ball Python, 0.0.1 Corn

thanks for sharing you alls info.I'm going to try to order from them,too.Can you ceap them in room temp or do they have to be staying cold like at the stores.Does any one know where I can order some mulch? how old does my litle baby tegu be to eat those things.right now i feed him crickets,mealworms,lean ground turkey and some times those litle pink fish and a litle bit of fruit.