Thread: Birds of Prey

Default Birds of Prey

Gotta love the birds of prey! I'd love to get a peregrine falcon! I'm a big fan of birds! If you think reptiles are a lot of work stay away from birds!
    John

Any creature raised captive is alot of work to care for correctly.

I think the Tegu is actually one of the lowest maintenance 'pets' I have kept. I am not saying they don't require time and work, but they are easier to clean up after, feed, etc. compared to some animals I have had.

Then again, once you have had a son though two to eleven years old, you can handle nearly anything. :P

Rick

Default Re: Birds of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Gotta love the birds of prey! I'd love to get a peregrine falcon! I'm a big fan of birds! If you think reptiles are a lot of work stay away from birds!
    I'm going to get a peregrine or an eagle owl by September if I can upgrade my permit correctly. Right now I've got the red tailed hawk, Faust! We got two squirrels this year, and bumped a couple of rabbits, but other than that our luck stunk. He is a good boy. My second red tail. I released my first, which was a first year passage bird.

Anyone interested in falconry in general can check out www.diversityinutah.com It's my friends site, and has a lot of info on birds of prey, parrots, and other animals. Pretty cool.

dude, that is so wicked.

one day, when I'm older and have the time and money to devote, I am so getting into this.
    www.myspace.com/christcody

1.0.0 Colombian Tegu (Thor)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Montee)

Quote Originally Posted by CodynThor
    dude, that is so wicked.

one day, when I'm older and have the time and money to devote, I am so getting into this.
    That was Orbit. Now I have Faust. They are going to let apprentices in Florida start taking passage Peregrines soon, as the numbers are way above the pre-DDT levels. Unfortunately I'm in Massachusetts where the laws remain very strict on all wildlife exotic and otherwise. Also I believe they'll let you take passage red shouldered hawks, and of course the little kestrels.

GOT_TEGUS01 Guest

Default birds of prey

awesome I love raptors

I have a bunch of other pictures of raptors and me playing with them. Most of the birds belong to a friend and he is properly permitted, whereas I am only permitted to one red tailed hawk, or kestral right now. Hopefully by fall I'll have my permit upgraded so that I can have any species, outside of the golden and bald eagles of course.