Thread: Identify this roach please...

Default Identify this roach please...

I found this roach among my crickets. It is not the standard palmetto Periplaneta americana...i don't think b/c the nymphs don't have wings and the adults have yellow circles on their thorax. It is also a slow mover that is definately different than palmettos. Anyone know the species?

It's nothing I raise. I have no experiance with roaches other than the ones I keep as feeders. I have never seen a 'wild' roach in person.

Rick

That's because you live in Maine Rick. LOL when my wife and I moved down to New Mexico from Maine she saw a roach for the first time and freaked she thought she had failed as a housekeeper LOL
    Nate

It was an Indonasian roach, I always seen them around my garden , and they can fly, U better not gave that to your tegu, coz they have torns around they leg. All of my friend told me not to use it as feed to your tegu.

I don't see why it can't be given to the tegu. I have given my tegu Hissing Roaches and they have really sharp legs. He simply "chewed" it up by biting, spitting it out and repeating several times till it was softened.

Looks like a surinam cockroach to me. Do the nymphs look like this?