Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Sale: Blue Tegu Hatchlings (66% Poss het Albino Tegu)

Default For Sale: Blue Tegu Hatchlings (66% Poss het Albino Tegu)

These Blue Tegu Hatchlings are 66% possible het for Albino.

What does 66% possible het for Albino mean? It means that out of every three blue tegus in this clutch, two may carry the Albino gene. You can not tell visually which ones are carrying the albino gene and which ones are not so they are sold as possible hets for albino. If you buy one of these hatchlings you have 66% (or 2 out of 3) odds of getting one that carrys the albino gene. Albino gene or not you will still get a pretty blue tegu.

You can't beat this price for sexed (probed) Blue Tegus that are 66% het for albino!! Buy a few of these and you could be on your way to breeding and keeping albino tegus relatively inexpensively.

I only have a limited number of these... If you are interested visit...

http://www.siscoreptiles.com/available.php

Rick

Very nice Rick - good luck with them and make sure you keep some for yourself, although I'm thinking you already have :P
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

Lifebe4insanity Guest

Out of curiosity, who were these bred by? Your list of animals in your signature doesn't indicate any animals that might produce 66% hets. And were these produced by hets that were proven to actually be hets (ie did they produce any albinos)? Also are there any discounts for quantity purchases?

They were produced by someone else by breeding het to het.

There were albinos in the clutch as well. I am however keeping the albinos. You can see the albinos here...

As far as quantity discount... There are only 5 hatchlings left. What is your offer? I am also open to trades for ball python morphs of interest and equal or better value.

Also note my sig is horribly out of date. :P

Rick

They look like they need a little visine - send them over here and I can help them with that pinkeye problem :P
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Albino"
    1.1.0 Ball Python 100% "Het Albino"
    1.2.0 Ball Python "Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Cinnamon Pastel"
    1.0.0 Ball Python "Spider"
    0.2.0 Ball Python "Normal"

Lifebe4insanity Guest

Obviously they were produced by breeding het to het. That's the only way to produce 66% hets. You won't say who bred them? Keeping bloodlines as diverse as possible is important to some of us.

I was not given permission to disclose the persons name. He is not a regular tegu breeder and these were his first clutch.

As far as diverse, all of the blue tegu bloodlines started in the same place. So there is no diversity. Even if you know the persons name, it wouldn't help with diversity, because for what we know.. they all started from the same few tegus.

If the breeder wants his name stated, he will reply.

If you are interested in the hatchlings than contact me, if you merely want a name, I can't currently help you with that. I appologize.

Rick

Lifebe4insanity Guest

While it's true that they all orginated with Ron and Stella at some point, it's been many years now that many other breeders have produced and reproduced these animals and the amount that the albino gene has been outcrossed does indeed vary between breeders. These may have come from sibling parents or they may have been outcrossed multiple generations. And to some of us, questions like "were the parents siblings" are important factors in deciding who to purchase from. Thanks anyways.

Again, I wasn't given permission from the breeder to disclose the name. If I loose a sale because I will not give you someones name without that persons permission, than I guess it has to be.

Rick

just wondering if there is any way to get them over to GB England i realy want some blue's.
    0.0.2 b/w Argintine Tegu
    1.0.0 Gold Culombians
    1.1.0 Emperor Scorpians
    1.0.0 100% het axanthic ball
    0.0.1 bosc monitor