Thread: When are they ready for pinkies?

Default When are they ready for pinkies?

Is there any place that I could order some Pinkies for my Tegu? He's not really big but since I've had him, (a little over a month and he's gone through one shedding with us) I was thinking of feeding him some. If he doesn't need them anytime soon, that would be great but I don't want him to lack in nutrition, either. Can I give him ground chicken if turkey isn't available? Thanks for your time!

Mina

Ground chicken vs ground turkey: Turkey is the better choice. Chicken is ok if turkey isn't available.

Pinkies: How big is he? He is almost certainly ready for pinkies, at least, if not peach fuzzies.

If you only have the one tegu and no other mouse eater, you are probably going to be better off getting your frozen/thawed mice from a local pet store.

http://www.rodentpro.com has excellent prices on frozen/thawed, but shipping is outrageous.
    Kris, Herps they're not just a hobby, they're a way of life!

I have been using American Rodent lately and taking advantage of the free shipping...it depends on what you need though..I order hundreds and hundreds of chicks, mice and rats at a time.
    Yours,
    NiColeRuSSell

"I'm gonna do what I should've done in the first place. I'll find her, wherever she is, tie her up, torture her... until she likes me again."
    -Spike

Default pinkies

My tegus first meal was a pinky. He did fine. He's a blue. As long as they can swallow it they'll be fine.