Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Irwin

Default Steve Irwin

For everyone who knew of him and to those who knew him, this is the Forum for his rememberence.

I grew up watching his shows. I would find time all the time to record his shows and listen intently to his long drawn accent and his amazing ability to handle some of the worlds most dangerous animals. I remember begging my mom to take me to his zoo in Australia. She finally convinced me to write a letter to him. After doing so, about 3 weeks later I got a hand written letter back from the Croc. Hunter himself. Over the course of about a year I wrote and received over a dozen letters. His ability to take the time to remember that he was merely a man doing what he loved and that there are other people in the world who loved it too, set him apart from the rest. He was a giant in this world and regardless what anyone can say he was genuine as well.

To Steve Irwin,

We will all miss you! RIP
    Chris Bisson
    New2Tegu06
    Huntington Beach, CA

0.0.1 Argentine B/W Tegu

"I believe that my purpose in this world is to save wildlife, and I thank you for coming with me." -Steve Irwin

He deserved what happened. He was asking for it. If you disagree than you really never watched his shows.

varnyard Guest

I have deleted these foul posts. We do not allow these types of words used on these forums. If this continues this thread will be locked. :wink:

Some posts in this thread have been removed.

Everyone is entitled their opinions, but keep it civil.

Rick

Im normally more of a lurker but this brought my attention. Just out of interest how does one "deserve" to die? There are plenty of people in the world that have done far worse then handle dangerous snakes and have lived. A very great proportion of these have no moral conduct towards their fellow human, let alone the reat of the world, whatsoever. I dont wish to start an arguement (especially over the internet!) but there are more tactful ways of saying your piece, especially when there someone leaves a family behind.

bobert:

Very well said.

Rick

I apologize. I never meant to say he deserved to die. And all those handling snakes that contain venom are cheating death as well. Animals with the ability to kill were never meant to be toyed with. He amazed/amused those who watched his show b/c not many people have the balls to do such a thing. The irony of it all is that the cause of his death was a stingray; more people die from alligators than they do with stingrays. I dont hate him at all, but I dont look up to him as my hero. I am sorry that his life has too turn out this way and the family he left behind. I never wanted him dead at all and I hope you guys reading this understand that.

Once again I apologize. I never meant for this thread to get outta hand

Daniel

Default irwin

okay I watched his show and my kids loved his show and maybe some of the things he did he shouldnt have but all he did he did for a reason I mean he wanted people to understand the unknown and to show how beautiful every animal,reptile were but also how dangerous they can be ,my hats off to him he did what most others wouldnt!His whole life was dedicated to the understanding and preservation of animals! When my family and I heard we were truely saddened! My children cried and said now whos gonna help the crocs and the other animals he did I said all those people who were behind him! Probally not with as much enthuiasm "By Crikey" ! Our prayers are with the family and all those at the Australia Zoo! Looks like lil Bindi wants to follow in her fathers footsteps Good Luck Bindi May god bless you!!!

whaooo! i loved the croc hunter. he used to be on saturday mornings and i would watch him instead of whatever teenie girl shows were on (none of my friends understood this lol) he was a good man, doing what he loved. a little crazy, but his heart was in the right place. we miss you steve!

oh and bindi rules!

-j

steve irwin was a legend everything he did was for the animals who can honestly say after him you dont see dangerous animals in a different light one show that sticks in my mind was were he put his hand in a rock to get a spiny taild iggy out and it bit him it made a mess of his finger he turnd around called it a naughty girl and kissed her on the head, that was steve all over nothing was the animals fault
    i think evryone will miss him and good luck to little bindi!!! :wink: